California Consumer Privacy Rights
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Request to Know:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources of the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information.
- The categories of personal information we disclosed about you to a service provider.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (data portability).
You may request and, subject to certain exemptions, we will provide:
Request to Delete:
You may request that we delete personal information we have collected from you. Subject to exemptions, such as a need to retain the information to service products you have purchased from us, we will delete the personal information we have collected from you.
Beginning January 1, 2020, if you are a California resident and would like to submit a CCPA request, you may:
- Initiate a request by completing our online form.
Please read this entire Policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information. The following points summarize some of the important details discussed below:
- Under the CCPA, a California consumer has the right to request that CTM NA Inc. disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell. Note, however, that CTM NA Inc. does not sell personal information.
- Under the CCPA, a California consumer also has the right to request that CTM NA Inc. delete the personal information we have collected from the consumer.
- Not all of your personal information is subject to the CCPA. Notably, if you are a CTM NA Inc. customer, your personal information may be subject to other privacy laws and your personal information that CTM NA Inc. maintains may be exempt from the CCPA. Your rights under other applicable privacy laws are described in our online privacy notice and customer privacy notices, which can be found at https://www.travelctm.com/privacy/.
- California consumers have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by CTM NA Inc. for the exercise of their privacy rights under the CCPA.
What is Personal Information?
The CCPA provides personal information rights to California residents. The CCPA defines personal information as information that “identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular” California consumer or household. Personal information does not include publicly available information or consumer information that is deidentified or aggregate consumer information.
What Personal Information Does CTM NA Inc. Collect, for What Purpose, from Whom, and Do We Disclose it to Service Providers?
Because of the nature of our business, we need to collect personal information to provide and develop our products and services, and we work hard to maintain the trust and confidence consumers demonstrate when they share their personal information with us. The chart below describes the categories of personal information we collect, the purpose of our collection, the source of the personal information, and whether we disclose the personal information: